viernes, 9 de mayo de 2014

Presentation

My presentation will be about a book of the Anglo-American writer Thomas Stearns Eliot, it`s a long poem called The Wasteland published in 1922.
The presentation that I will do it`s divide in three principal areas: some biographical aspects of the author of the book, the content of the poem, and his possible connections with the sociology.
I chose this topic to talk about, because I think the book it`s some of the most values sources of the devastated condition of the post-first world war scene in Europe and how this made a decadence of the European human being and his social relationships, all synthesized in the metaphor of the wasting of the land.

Also I consider Eliot it’s maybe the most relevant and complex poet in the English language of the twenty century. I read this book some months ago and I was really surprised of the varied interpretations that could be take in the sense of the poem, like the marriage crisis of the author, the infertility, the sexual decadence, the nervous disorder of Eliot, or the spiritual asceticism suggested in the work; but the perspective that I will present it`s the historical and social consequences of the First World War in the European continent and the European society.          

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Suscribirse a Enviar comentarios [Atom]

<< Inicio