miércoles, 8 de octubre de 2014

How green are you?

    On these days there is a lot of propaganda and educational initiative to incite an ecological conscience and respect for the environment. When I was a child there was not so much interest in promoting this kind of education, so, in the school, the ecological conscience there was not very promoted untill that I grew up. But now I can see -in part for my little sister of nine years old- that there is a lot of interest in promoting an education like this since the children begin to study.
   So, in general I got my environmentally friendly practices from influences like the family or readings. But I don't think that I have incorporated completely this kind of habits. I try not to do things that can damage the environment, but I don't usually do things like recycle or specifical techniques to take care of the environment. Maybe there are little things that can help. For example I hate the cars, well, in general I don't like any vehicle, so I try to walk the most I can.
   I can't say that I'm a very implicated in the care of the environment. I have not joined in any ecological organization and I don't do concrete actions for the environment or to reduce my carbon footprint. I think that it's because, in general, it's not something that I have thought really well, so I still don't have a serious conscience of this matter.
   In the case of Santiago I think that it's an interesting issue. It's an obvious thing that in this city there are high levels of contamination, smog and abuse of energy. And in the latest years there is a constant promotion of an ecological eduaction and a recurring use of the propaganda. But it's something harmless, because this promotes an inocent and easy ecologism that it's constantly stimulated by business and companies that are directly implicated in the principal damage done to the environment, and all of this to make us think in a green capitalism with a pretty and ecological face (I think, for example, in the propaganda of the malls that incites to recycle or reduce the carbon footprint).

2 comentarios:

A las 8 de octubre de 2014, 13:37 , Blogger Martin Garcia ha dicho...

Is true! we don´t have incorporated the environmentally friendly practices yet ... sometimes I do not pay attention and I am contaminating too :(

 
A las 8 de octubre de 2014, 13:51 , Blogger Unknown ha dicho...

I hate that green market!!! "Look at me, I buy eco-friendly stuff, I`m great". Is stupid.

 

Publicar un comentario

Suscribirse a Enviar comentarios [Atom]

<< Inicio